Friday, August 14, 2009

Setting in...


A day has passed...so exciting! Yesterday morning, I stuck a card on Dover's door that read:
Dear Daddy,
Today is the day that you find out about my April arrival. Mommy is pregnant. God has big plans for me. He would never give me big plans and not give me big gifts and tools to accomplish them. You are one of the best gifts he has given me. I will watch you, listen to you, mimic you, and follow you. I know you will ultimately lead me to Him. I already love you and have an innate desire to be just like you. My heavenly Father chose you. He has created me for such a time as this and as we walk this journey together, hand in hand, -I want you to know that I am glad He chose you. Until that beautiful day, when we will be in each other's
arms...I'll be listening for you. I'll sense when you are near. And most of all, I love you.

Loving you Already,
Another Baby Dover
He loved it and cried (shhh). Of course I told Mason, and even though he didn't understand, his face lit up all excited. I think God knew I needed that to give me peace-knowing Mase will be fine. Then I got to tell some of my best friends over the phone. They were all very excited. Rachel R. and I are always pregnant together, so that's kind of funny. We haven't told our parents yet because we don't want to do that over the phone. (this weekend prob).
I did get some disappointing news-I can't run like I thought I'd be able to. My average heart rate while running is 165. I have to somehow keep it below 140!!?? I don't know how, but I am adamant about running this pregnancy, so even if I have to run/walk/run/walk, I am going to stick with it.
As far as symptoms that told me I was pregnant-the main obvious one was that my body temperature spiked all day Wednesday. I'm cold natured, so that was very unusual. My temp all day was 99.8 ish, but not with fever chills, just hot flashes. There were also some regular cycle symptoms, that I wasn't sure were cycle or preggers symptoms. Another weird one was night-time restlessness. Strange, I never had that last pregnancy and I thought it was too early to have it, but when I looked it up, it is pretty common. Yesterday, I wore myself out with a run and a late night walk so I would hopefully sleep better and I did! Another symptom that I should have recognized was the fact that I used a park public bathroom 3 times in a week-stopping in the middle of my run to pee. That may be TMI, but my point is that I HATE public toilets. A strange symptom to me is cravings. I didn't have hardly any last pregnancy, but already, I will feel like I am starving for something particular-not a good sign in the 4th week already. Gotta get some healthy options in the house, and quick! And lastly, those dreaded first month hormones! It hasn't been too bad because I am very adamant about 'not' being that girl, but there is definitly a flood of hormones I am trying to control!
I have the first appointment/ultra sound mid-September. (when I'll be 8 weeks). They seem to think I am in my 4th week of pregnancy, which sounds about right to me. (Although, I wouldn't be surprised if I was just 3 weeks because that is when I found out last time. ) For me, pregnancy is SO FUN! And I am so happy, elated, and excited about it!
I think we are going to have to do some re-modeling to make our house work since selling is not an option in this economy (boo), but we'll be okay. (I love this house-just need more rooms and storage for the ideal set-up...but I do LOVE this house, so I'm not too bummed about it.) The baby's room will be directly across from our room and near Mason's room, so I'll have both my babies nearby. I obviously think this baby is another boy, and no one can convince me otherwise. (except maybe the ultra-sound lady.)
Well, you know I always blog about those things that excite me, so I will certainly be blogging every step of this pregnancy. If you get sick of reading about it, check back in 9 months. And for those of you who get my running log tweets, don't laugh when I am running a 20 minute mile. My doctor won't let me go any faster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment