Yesterday was our first appointment with Dr. Dunn and the ultrasound tech. Let me start out by saying that baby and I are healthy. Also, I am so happy to say "baby" and not "babies"-as there is, for sure, only one! We started out with the ultrasound. The baby is 7 weeks, 4 days old. This would give him a due date of April 22nd. However, Dr. Dunn wants to do another cea-section 1 week early. So, his new due date is April 15th. The baby looked like a white blob, but we could clearly see the heart rate beating at 154. I asked the tech if the high heart rate means it is a girl. She laughed and said she proves that wives tale wrong every day! Dr. Dunn said everything is normal-even my early baby bump. She told me I can run as much as my body allows as long as I listen to my body. I was exhausted after the 5 tests they ran on me-I don't remember all that testing before! We go back every month now until the end of the pregnancy. Dr. Dunn is expecting a larger baby than Mason, because second babies tend to be larger than the first-hence the week early cea-section. I love "after Dr. visit" lunches when I am pregnant, because (of course) Dover always goes to the appointment with me, and takes me out somewhere nice afterwards! Yesterday, we had J. Alexanders. Last night, we went out to eat at Bonefish and saw Wicked, the play. It was a great day! We were both on a high from all the positive feedback at the doctor's office. Healthy baby #2 is on his way! I thank the Lord for another healthy pregnancy!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment